- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cup flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Beat the butter until creamy, 2 minutes.
- Add the sugars, beat for 2 more minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and egg.
- Mix together the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt & stir into the sugar butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Shape dough into 1¼ inch balls. Place about 3″ apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork. Bake until light brown, 9 – 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.
*For chewier cookies, bake at 300°F for 15 minutes.
Makes 2 dozen cookies