Prep Time: 25 min | Bake Time: 15 min | Total: 40 min
- 1 ¼ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the butter, sugar and molasses in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth, about 2 more minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in the raisins by hand.
- For the best flavor and texture, cover the dough and chill at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven; preheat to 350° F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Form the dough into 12 balls, about 2 tablespoonfuls each, and arrange 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten with the back of a fork. Bake until the cookies are golden, 15 – 17 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes on the baking sheets, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
Makes 1 dozen cookies
Photo credit: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/oatmeal_raisin_cookies/ (you could try their recipe too)