Whoever named these cookies is awesome… Actually, you can read about it here.
Prep time: 40 min | Bake time: 10 min | Total: 50 min
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 ¾ cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Mix 1 ½ cups sugar, butter, shortening and eggs in large bowl. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Shape dough into 1 ¼” balls.
- Mix ¼ cup sugar and the cinnamon.
- Roll balls in cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until set.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.