Yesterday’s cookies looked like candy canes, but these taste like ’em!
- 1 package (18-ounce) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, room temperature (recommended: Pillsbury)
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies, plus more for garnishing
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Cut the cookie dough into 8 pieces.
- In bowl of electric mixer, on medium speed thoroughly combine the dough pieces, peppermint extract, 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies, and ½ cup powderedsugar.
- Roll the dough into 1″ diameter balls. Arrange, 2 inches apart, on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake until set, about 8 – 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly on cooling racks.
- Add ½ cup of the remaining powdered sugar to a small bowl. While the cookies are still warm, roll them in the sugar. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies and serve.
Makes 3 dozen