Prep time: 24 ½ hours (an over-nighter) | Bake time: 20 min | Total: 25 hours
- 2 cups almond paste
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 egg whites (beaten & stiff)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup sliced pignoli nuts
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Combine almond paste, sugar, & egg whites in a large mixing bowl
- Refrigerate overnight
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Add almond extract
- Spoon onto baking sheets & top with pignoli nuts
- Bake for approx. 20 min.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar
Makes about 50 cookies.
From: Laurie’s Holiday Cookie Recipes 😉