This is an old Quaker Oats recipe that I couldn’t even find online, we’ve had this forever… The offer on the back of the recipe sheet expired in 1996, do you think they’ll still honor it? Anyway, these are great cookies!
Prep time: 40 min | Bake time: 12 – 15 min | Total: 55 min
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1 tsp vanilla
- powdered sugar
- Beat butter & sugar until creamy
- Add remaining ingredients except powdered sugar; mix well
- Cover & chill for 30 min.
- Heat over to 350° F
- Shape dough into 1″ balls; place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in powdered sugar
- Bake 12 – 15 min; until edges light golden brown
- Cool & sprinkle with powdered sugar
Makes about 4 ½ dozen.
From “Holiday Baking Favorites from Quaker Oats”