10 Days Left Until Christmas!
I haven’t made these yet, but the Makoodle calls this recipe “The Best Soft Sugar Cookie Recipe Ever“, so let’s give ’em a try!
Soft Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
Prep time: 2 hours 20 min | Bake time: 9 – 11 min | Total: 2½ hours
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups butter, softened (The original recipe only called for 1 cup of butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla1 cup sour cream6 cups flour2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
+ Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In an electric or stand mixer, cream the sugar and butter.
- Add eggs, vanilla and sour cream until well combined.
- Slowly add in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- In 2 batches, place in plastic wrap in a disc shape and chill for at least 2 hours for best results.
- Once chilled, roll and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350° F for 9 – 11 minutes, depending on how thick you cut your cookies.
- Remove and let cool. Frost and decorate as desired.
- Cream softened butter and cream cheese together
- Add vanilla
- Slowly add powdered sugar
- Slowly add milk to desired consistency
Makes ?? (you tell me)