This is another one from the 1996 “Holiday Baking Favorites from Quaker Oats”, but I found it on Google here (the link also has nutrition info!).
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Quaker® Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
- 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, melted
- 3 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 12-ounce jar raspberry or apricot preserves
- Heat oven to 375° F.
- In large bowl, combine 2 ½ cups flour, oats, sugar and baking powder; mix well.
- Add margarine, mixing until moistened.
- Reserve 2 cups oat mixture for topping.
- Press remaining oat mixture evenly onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake 15 minutes. Cool slightly on wire rack.
- In medium bowl, stir together apples and 2 tablespoons flour.
- Add preserves; stir until apples are evenly coated.
- Spread onto crust to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture, patting gently.
- Bake 30 – 35 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Makes 2 dozen bars.
From: Quaker Oats & http://www.lifeclinic.com/WN/CB/recipeView.asp?MessageID=1516&printpage=true