I promised 25 days of cookies, so I figured I’d save this super-versatile, fun, & easy recipe for last. Butter cookies (aka Spritz cookies) are basics that can be dressed up 1,000 different ways. For those of you who are baking today, you can make these cookies a whole family event. Once the dough is made you can cut them into shapes, dye them with food coloring, add icing, have the kids decorate them – the possibilites are almost endless.
Some favorite toppings: springles, Hershey kisses, M&Ms, frosting, jelly, maraschino cherries, & much, much more!
Prep time: 10 min. | Bake time: 10 min. | Total: 20 + (depending on how much fun you want to have with them)
- 1 lb butter (4 sticks), softened
- 4 egg yokes
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups flour
- colored sprinkles (or whatever else you can imagine)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Mix butter, sugar, egg yokes & vanilla extract
- Stir in flour
- From into cookies (roll into balls, flatten & cut with fun shapes, etc.)
- Bake for 10 min.
- Have fun creating little holiday works of art
From: Laurie’s Holiday Cookie Recipes