Quiche is one of my all-time favorites & nobody makes it like my mom!
Prep Time: 15 min. (+ cooking bacon) | Cook Time: 45 min. | Chill Time: 15 min. | Total: 1 hour, 15 min.
- 1 pre-made pie crust, refrigerated until needed
- 1 cup swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 ½ dozen strips of bacon, fully cooked & cut into small pieces (try pre-cooked bacon for less mess, or turkey bacon if you’re more health conscious)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup minced onion
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you prefer it very spicy)
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Break eggs into a large mixing bowl
- Add cream, sugar, salt, & cayenne pepper
- Mix thoroughly with beater
- Line a 9 or 10″ pie pan with pie crust dough & sprinkle with bacon, onion, & cheese; then pour egg mixture over
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 min.
- Reduce heat to 325° F and continue baking for 25-30 min more (to test if done, insert a knife into the quiche — it’s ready if it comes out clean)
- Let stand 15 min. before serving.