Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb shiitake mushrooms, sliced & stemmed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme, chopped
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless pork chops (4oz ea., ¼ inch thick)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil in 12″ skillet over medium-low heat
- Add mushrooms and cook until softened (about 5 min.), stirring occasionally
- Add garlic, thyme, salt, & pepper; cook for 2 more min.
- Remove from heat an place mushrooms in a small bowl; clean skillet
- Coat pork chops with mustard and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Heat 1 TBSP olive oil over medium-high heat
- Sear pork chops 2-3 min per side (should no longer be pink inside)
- Remove pork chops
- Deglaze pan with wine
- Top pork chops with mushrooms and pour wine mixture over them
- Garnish with extra thyme & serve
Serve with mashed or roasted potatoes & veggie of your choice (I like string beans with this). Bon appétit!
Nutrition Information: 264 calories, 13g fat (2.9g saturated), 9g carbs, 22g protein, 3g fiber, 403 mg sodium
Recipe from Fitness Magazine.