Check out this great IIFYM article : 9 Foods That Are Beneficial for Cognitive Health.
For those of you that are unfamiliar with IIFYM, it stands for If It Fits Your Macros and you can learn more about that healthy lifestyle switch here.
Quiche is one of my all-time favorites & nobody makes it like my mom!
Prep Time: 15 min. (+ cooking bacon) | Cook Time: 45 min. | Chill Time: 15 min. | Total: 1 hour, 15 min.
- 1 pre-made pie crust, refrigerated until needed
- 1 cup swiss cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 ½ dozen strips of bacon, fully cooked & cut into small pieces (try pre-cooked bacon for less mess, or turkey bacon if you’re more health conscious)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup minced onion
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (or more if you prefer it very spicy)
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Break eggs into a large mixing bowl
- Add cream, sugar, salt, & cayenne pepper
- Mix thoroughly with beater
- Line a 9 or 10″ pie pan with pie crust dough & sprinkle with bacon, onion, & cheese; then pour egg mixture over
- Bake at 425° for 10-15 min.
- Reduce heat to 325° F and continue baking for 25-30 min more (to test if done, insert a knife into the quiche — it’s ready if it comes out clean)
- Let stand 15 min. before serving.
Photo credit: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2868/ultimate-quiche-lorraine